I host this blog using Github Pages. Some resources such as CSS and JS are hosted external and others with the same origin. I encountered some CORS errors with CSS files hosted on Github Pages. There were no “Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *” HTTP headers being passed. The Hugo template I am using, hugo-flex, adds crossorigin attributes when loading the base css stylesheet. Github uses Varnish for serving up pages. Removing the attributes let the CSS files be served without CORS error.
Looks like I was wrong about static site generators. There's a bit of learning curve, but after figuring out the templating language and how to get latex working, I realize the value of such tools. I'll continue to use tiddlywiki, but not to host a blog. A 3 mb html file seems irresponsible to host, considering most of the world does not enjoy low cost bandwidth yet. Now, unless I invent more problems for myself, I should get on with whatever I was procrastinating from.
I just spent an hour trying to figure out a good solution for MathML rendering in Hugo. I could not figure it out, it will likely take a couple more days to click. In the mean time, I need to figure out how to change the formatting in this TiddlyWiki to match this theme. The TiddlyWIki theme is not very easy to read. The text needs to be centered. If all else fails, I'll just have to write my static web pages manually.